Wednesday, March 11, 2009

30 Motivational Quotes for 30 Motivated Days of Writing

I'm about to dive into a new wip that I left idling a few months ago. The manuscript I just recently completed is now, temporarily, on the shelf. And that's as it should be - I knew there was something just not quite ... quite about it. Not quite right, not quite there, not quite something. My agent confirmed it when I sent her both partials and she tagged the one I'd recently started tinkering with again. So now I've got to stop the idling and rev 'er up. So, to get my motor going (okay, I'll stop with the car analogies now) I decided to pull out 30 of my favourite motivational quotes that will help me to write something new on the wip every day for the next 30 days. I'll share them here and hope they provide something to anyone who needs a little push to keep writing, keep following their dream, and keep their faith that one day they'll see their book published.

Without further ado, my 30 Quotes for 30 days of Writing:

Day One
"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.
Mark Victor Hansen


Day Two
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill

Day Three
"Never, never, never, never give up.
Winston Churchill

Day Four
"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.
Karen Ravn


Day Five
Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
Pamela Vaull Starr

Day Six
"Little by little one walks far
Peruvian Proverb

Day Seven
To move ahead you need to believe in yourself...have conviction in your beliefs and the confidence to execute those beliefs.
Adlin Sinclair


Day Eight
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Day Nine
"It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, "Always do what you are afraid to do."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Day Ten
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,is not an act but a habit."
Aristotle

Day Eleven
"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."
Tommy Lasorda

Day Twelve
"If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can't accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through."
Rosalyn Carter

Day Thirteen
"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it."
Walt Disney

Day Fourteen
"I have heard it said that the first ingredient of success - the earliest spark in the dreaming youth - is this; dream a great dream."
John A. Appleman

Day Fifteen
"You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however."
Richard Bach

Day Sixteen
"If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?"
Oscar Hammerstein

Day Seventeen
"A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown."
K Denis Waitley

Day Eighteen
"Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game, one foot from a winning touchdown."
H. Ross Perot

Day Nineteen
"If you want to get somewhere you have to know where you want to go and how to get there. Then never, never, never give up."
Norman Vincent Peale

Day Twenty
"How long should you try? Until."
Jim Rohn

Day Twenty-one
"Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth."
Julie Andrews

Day Twenty-two
"When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life."
Greg Anderson

Day Twenty-three
"Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find his right road."
Dag Hammarskjold

Day Twenty-four
"You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures."
Charles C. Noble

Day Twenty-five
"You can't hit a home run unless you step up to the plate. You can't catch a fish unless you put your line in the water. You can't reach your goals if you don't try."
Kathy Seligman

Day Twenty-six
"Crystallize your goals. Make a plan for achieving them and set yourself a deadline. Then, with supreme confidence, determination and disregard for obstacles and other people's criticisms, carry out your plan."
Paul Meyer

Day Twenty-seven
"You have to set goals that are almost out of reach. If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential."
Steve Garvey

Day Twenty-eight
"The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach."
Benjamin Mays

Day Twenty-nine
"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."
William Feather

Day Thirty
"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong."
Ella Fitzgerald

3 comments:

  1. I luv quotes! these are great!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are cool! Love them... will definitely print off a few of these and keep them next to my lovely silver plaque that says, Never, never, never give up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Chanakya Quotes in Hindi

    ReplyDelete