5. You get to order your favourite dessert Pasteis de Nata - (portugese custard tarts) and a cake with a picture of your book on it and share it with friends and family (Although I must say I only got to eat a piece of the cake - the tarts were snapped up like money drifting on the street!)
4. You get to thank everyone who's supported you and share with them the joy of having a book published. Because writers all know how important supportive friends and family are through this slog!
3. You get to sign actual copies of your books with a cool pen - a dream you thought would never come true (I really like cool pens
2. Friends bring you lovely bouquets of flowers and plants that you can enjoy for days afterwards (Well, I'm hoping I can keep the plant alive for more than a few days - I'll work hard on it Stephanie!!)
And the number one best thing about the launch?
1. You get to watch your Mom and Dad read the dedication of your book and see your Mom's eyes well up with tears of love. Thanks Mom and Dad - having you there was the best part of the launch!