Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Guest Blog Post - from Daughter One

I know I said that I won't mention my family too much in this blog but a proud mama can't help but want to share with as many people as possible when one of their kids is doing something good.

Daughter One is taking part in the University of Western Ontario's Alternative Spring Break where students take their reading week and, instead of partying in Florida, they go help in shelters, build homes or whatever a particular area needs somewhere in the world. It's a hands-on learning experience designed not only to teach young people how to give back but to expand their world in ways you can only do by entering into experiences so foreign to your own. My daughter is currently spending the week in Winnipeg helping out at the Siloam Mission and Winnipeg Harvest. She blogged about the experience here

I know I'm a bit biased but I think Daughter One has a real flair for writing, dontcha think? :)

Sometimes parents can only sit back and be thankful their kids have turned out so well. Way to go, baby.

2 comments:

  1. She does have a flair for writing, and a fantastic sense of giving back to the community. You should be proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda (about to be published author you!! :)
    I'm very proud of her. She wants to save the world and I think she can.
    Nelsa

    ReplyDelete