I hope everyone's Easter weekend was lovely and restful. Mine was spent visiting my folks back on the farm. Only hubby had to stay here to deal with reno stuff and Daughter One had an exam on the Saturday so couldn't come down. I did briefly get to see her on the way back home Sunday night and she'll be home for the summer this Friday so that's good! What wasn't so good was my car battery dying while at my folks but that's okay - Dad charged it. What wasn't ok was me locking the keys in my van while cleaning the inside of it. Oi. Thank God for CAA. As a result of all the running/driving around/general craziness I didn't get to see my old buddy Jan (sorry bud! :( and I didn't really plan a blog post for today. Luckily I'm home on a planned vacation day and I found that one of my lovely fellow bloggers, Kelly Hashway, at http://www.kellyhashway.com/apps/blog/ awarded me the Stylish Blogger award! Thank you Kelly! And congrats to her on her just released picture book May The Best Dog Win!
But to receive this award I understand I must share 7 things about myself that you all may not have already known. I can't imagine what you don't already know about me but here goes:
1. I've travelled to Portugal, Spain, Florida, South Carolina, PEI, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, New York City, Las Vegas, Cuba, Bermuda, Dominican Republic, Mexico and Israel.
2. I REALLY want to travel to California, see the Grand Canyon, tour the Greek Islands, and visit Hawaii. Oh, and England and Ireland of course. Sigh. One day, one day...
3. When I was 29 I went to Israel to work as a volunteer on an archaelogical dig where we dug up a 3,000 year old Phoenician cemetary. We stayed on a kibbutz near the Lebanese border. Never got a chance to travel to Jerusalem. Big regret on that but that whole trip made me live out my childhood fantasy of becoming an archaelogist.
4. My favourite bad snack is Humpty Dumpty Bar-b-q chips (I think they're only available in Canada)
5. My favourite meal that requires no cooking is French bread, pate, olives and cheese. Put me on a Greek island with that meal and a good book and I've found nirvana.
6. My favourite meal that requires actual cooking - anything in a restaurant. (I know you all know I hate cooking)
7. My favourite TV mini-series is Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. However, (and this is a momentous admission people) I think that might have been supplanted last night when I watched BBC's North and South for the first time with Richard Armitage. Holy smoldering dark romantic hero people! I'd seen Richard in the mini-series Robin Hood as Sir Guy of Gisbourne but this mini-series is what launched his career. The last ten minutes of the series is probably the most romantic thing you will watch. EVER. If you haven't seen it go forth immediately and watch.
And that's it. Thanks for letting me be random on this rainy day!